Let’s cut to the chase and list the 10 top rated blenders in the market right now. Find out which are the best blenders to crush ice, make soup or blend smoothies.
So, you want to chop, whip, puree or blend food in your kitchen, prepare soups, smoothies and sauces quickly and easily, and are looking for the best blenders to help you do the job well.
But the questions keep coming – and answers aren’t easy to find.
- What is the top rated blender on the market?
- What is the best blender to make smoothies?
- What is the top rated blender within my budget?
- What is the best blender for crushing ice?
To help you out, we tested many different blender models, used them to make fruit smoothies, whip cream, prepare vegetable soup and to crush ice. In other words, we put these handy kitchen appliances through the paces you would in your daily routine.
And we culled out the best for you.
Let’s take a look at the 10 best blenders on the market today, and then review a few in more detail. But first, here’s a general overview of our testing process and features that were used to rate the blenders.
Why Bother Identifying The Top Rated Blenders
Ever since early in the 20th century, kitchen blenders have been a staple of many households. From blending drinks to mixing soups, crushing ice to whipping up sauces or kneading dough, blenders have made life easier for many cooks. In fact, the more effective models can even grind seeds and cereals or help in making icecream!
With blenders growing so universally popular, it became important to select the right one for your needs. It’s not fun when your appliance chokes on a chunk of ice, or leaves lumpy fruit bits in your smoothie. While you’ll find the best hand blenders reviewed in another post, this one focuses on top rated blenders in the countertop blenders category.
How The Blenders Were Tested And Rated
1. Power: It’s often the factor on which your choice of blender will depend, as everyone wants a device that can pulp even hard ingredients into a consistency that you want.
2. Multi-tasking: Your blender will often serve multiple needs, from whipping butter to grinding flour to preparing baby food. The ideal blender will perform a range of different activities – whip, chop, blend, puree or grind.
3. Varying speed settings: You may want your blender to make a huge bowl of soup, yet also use it for less intense settings like mixing up a glass of fruit juice or salsa.
4. Ease of maintenance: A top rated blender must be handy and versatile. You’d like to quickly set it up to get started, and then be able to quickly wash it up when you’re done. Flat control panels with push buttons are harder to clean up than other designs.
5. Noise level: You won’t mind a high pitched whine for a short while, but if your blender’s sound level turns the kitchen into a factory floor or racing track, you won’t be happy!
6. Design: Miscellaneous elements like appearance, size, height, ease of storing under shelves or in cupboards, and durability of blender controls were all considered while rating our best blenders.
Our Handpicked Choice: 4 Top Rated Blenders
After putting the shortlisted 10 blenders through a battery of tests, we finally picked 4 of them as top rated blenders this year, each one a powerful kitchen appliance that offers great value for money:
Top Rated Blenders #1: Vitamix 5200 Blender
The Vitamix 5200 Blender stands proud over all other countertop blenders to head the field of top rated blenders with ease. The unmatched blending power provided by its 2 HP motor lets you shred any ingredient effortlessly. The steel blades generate quite a bit of heat due to friction which turns cold food quite hot by the time you’re done blending.
Top Rated Blenders #2: Blendtec 625 Blender
Versatile, powerful and sleek, the Blendtec 625 Blender is a popular model that boasts of a 3 peak horsepower motor that completely pulverizes anything you put into the jar. Apart from this unparalleled blending ability, the interface of this top rated blender is easily the best. It has a backlit surface that’s easy to read and an interface that’s a joy to operate. There are a range of blend cycles offered to suit your convenience.
Top Rated Blenders #3: Ninja Professional Blender
The Ninja Professional Blender BL610 is widely acknowledged as one of the top rated blenders on the market today. With a robust 1,000 watt power performance, the 6 chopping blades can shred fruits and vegetables, or effortlessly churn through ice cubes and turn them into soft flakes… all within minutes. The blender’s jar comes with a large spout that’s ideal for serving without creating a messy kitchen counter.
Top Rated Blenders #4: Magic Bullet NutriBullet Blender
Another top rated blender is the Magic Bullet Nutribullet, an affordable, durable and efficient kitchen countertop appliance. With thousands of delighted users singing its praises, it was easy to include the smallish model in our lineup of best blenders. With a 600-watt motor, it’s a little less powerful than other top rated blenders, but it still packs a punch that lets you crush ice or blend smoothies with ease.
And here are the 6 other top rated blenders that outperformed their peers in every way that counts. Even if they are ranked a bit lower than the top 4 models above, these are still excellent choices!
- Nutri Ninja Duo
- Dash Chef
- Oster Versa
- KitchenAid 5-Speed Diamond Blender
- Cuisinart CBT-1500 Hurricane
- Vitamix CIA
Choosing From The Top Rated Blenders
Even now, with a very short list of the 4 best blenders on the market, your job isn’t over until you’ve narrowed it down to the one blender you’re going to buy. So how do you decide?
It depends on the answers to these questions:
1. What will you use the blender for?
2. How many people will you serve?
3. How big is your kitchen and storage space?
4. Is durability an important factor?
5. What is your budget?
Go through the detailed review of each of the top rated blenders listed above and answer each question to see if it’s the right fit for your needs. Chances are that you’ll find one of them matches your requirements more perfectly than the rest.
Whichever blender model you finally choose, remember to select the best quality brand and device that you can comfortably afford and that will do the cooking tasks you want it for.
Price alone shouldn’t be a deciding factor. More often than not, a higher priced top rated blender will reward you in efficiency and cost savings over the long term.