Here’s your guide to the best hand blenders. Go ahead! Whip up a storm in your kitchen with these top of the line immersion blenders.
So you’re interested in finding the best hand blenders? No surprise there.
Whether you want to puree soup, whip cream or make smoothies, hand-held immersion blenders are convenient and fast. Top rated blenders come in all price ranges and with a host of features that make it hard to locate the best models.
- Do you want one that looks sleek?
- Or is durability more important to you?
- Are you limited by budget constraints?
Depending on what your unique needs are, your choice of the best hand blenders will vary. Let’s take a look at the 5 top rated blenders on the market today.
Choosing The 5 Best Hand Blenders
Hand blenders are important kitchen appliances that are used to prepare sauces, soups and smoothies. Your selection of an ideal immersion blender begins with analyzing your own cooking habits. In other words, what will you use a blender for?
One of our selection of 5 best blenders is ideal for sauce-making. Another has a mayonnaise attachment. And unless you’re planning to use a hand-held blender to chop vegetables, you can manage quite well with a less expensive model. Your choice of blender accessories, like beakers or bowls which are included with the best hand blenders, also depend on the purpose you’ll use it for.
So let’s begin by asking the right question…
Do You Really Need A Hand Blender?
At first glance, it might seem as if this is too weighty a question for a lowly hand-held kitchen blender. After all, it ranks below food processors, microwaves, smart fridges, cooking ranges and a host of other gadgets that dominate your kitchen.
But while most simple blending tasks can be done with a food processor, juicer or stationary blender, you’ll find that a hand blender works better for certain specific tasks.
For example, handheld blenders can quickly blitz marinades for grilling meat. Homemade mayonnaise is easier to whip up with an immersion blender. And you can rush through pureeing tomatoes or stirring up hummus – without needing to wash four separate parts after you’re done.
To put it simply, the ease of portability makes the best hand blenders a favorite tool for busy cooks. And when you travel, it’s far easier to toss a stick blender into your bag than packing a complex, elaborate food processing set up.
So maybe you don’t need a hand blender – but once you’re hooked to using one, you won’t want to go back!
Here’s How We Test Blenders
Hand blenders today are more than just a stick that whisks stuff. Many are complex devices, almost like mini-food processors, with multiple attachments and accessories. And while we agree that hand-held blenders ought to be powerful, we certainly don’t like seeing juice splattered all over our walls, or hear our gadget sound like an accelerating race car at the track!
That’s why our blender reviews are detailed and experiential. While selecting brands and models for our 5 best hand blenders reviews, we put each contender through the paces – just the way you will in your kitchen.
- We test out various recipes.
- We make sauces, smoothies and soups.
- We then clean up the gadget to see how quick, easy and convenient that is.
Only then do we list our top rated blender picks – for you to try out.
After almost 45 hours of research involving nearly 70 different models, we’re sure these shortlisted picks are the best of their breed. They are the best hand blenders that out-spun the competition!
Criteria To Get On Our Best Hand Blenders List
- This review is about immersion blenders for home use. So we restricted our list to models with 10 inches or less of submersion.
- Pricier models that cost over $300 were excluded, just because you could get a nice food processor or stationary blender for that amount of money.
- User reviews from other handheld blender owners posted on Amazon.com, eGullet, and Chowhound were a helpful guide in whittling down the long list.
- Personal interviews with friends and family who extensively use handheld blenders also served as a guide.
- Some chefs, food critics and hobbyist cooks even willingly offered their feedback on what should be on our final set of best hand blenders.
So, as you can see, this isn’t just any random mashup of a few models pulled off an e-commerce web portal catalog. Our five winners on the curated list of best hand blenders represent the pick of what’s on the market today.
But before we get down to that handpicked selection, let’s quickly glance at some startling factors you wouldn’t typically think of while choosing the best hand blenders.
Strange Factors That Impact Your Blender Choice
1. Blade Guards: Believe it or not, the shape and design of your hand blender’s blade guard is very important for its performance. Other things do matter, like power of the motor, blade size and maximum RPM. But the differentiator is often the blade guard.
Shallow and wider guards, where the base is above the blade while in use, allow circulation and protect against scratching. The less guarding there is between blades and food particles, the more effectively your hand blender works.
2. Release Locks: Button-release locks are better than twisting locks between blades and motor.
3. Fit: If you expect to make smoothies in a drinking glass with the best hand blenders, be prepared for a surprise. Most are tight fits and it won’t be easy to make a smoothie in regular-sized glasses.
4. Motor Power vs Noise: Beyond a point, greater motor power comes at a cost that’s too high in terms of noisiness.
5. Looks Count: Well, sometimes. A design flourish might captivate you – making a particular model of handheld blender your favorite over any other.
So keeping all these variables in mind, let’s look at the best hand blenders on the market today.
And The Winners Are…